What is an athletic scholarship?
An athletic scholarship provides financial support for young, talented athletes. This gives them the opportunity to receive a first-class education while further developing their athletic skills.
What are the benefits?
Studying abroad can be frightening and very expensive. With the help of an athletic scholarship, talented athletes can fulfil their dreams of getting a great education, while competing on a very high athletic level. An athletic scholarship can cover up to a 100% of the university tuition.
What are the challenges?
Receiving a sportscholarship is very limited, since playing for a university team is a big dream of high school students. There are only around 2% of students at American universities that are getting financial support through an athletic scholarship. The application process is therefore very strict and can be confusing. It takes a lot of time and knowledge to keep an overview of the different tasks, while trying to get the highest possible scholarship you deserve.
Why study in America?
- Learn to speak and write English fluently
- The combination of academics and athletics at the highest level is unique to the United States
- Choose the degree that suits you best and obtain a prestigious international degree
- Make your first international experience and get to know a different culture
- Establish an international network on and off campus
- Work out first-class job prospects for your future
Why play college sports?
- You are part of a highly competitive sports team
- Travel and compete with your team all over the United States
- Benefit from first-class training facilities and professional coaching
- Very good medical care is at your disposal
- Improve your athletic level and achieve top performances
- Experience the enthusiasm for college sports and be part of a community that will accompany you for the rest of your life
For which sports are athletic scholarships available?
Would you like to study abroad and further pursue your athletic career? What are your chances of receiving an athletic scholarship? Here are some popular sports that are offered by American universities. Contact us if you have any questions about these or other sports.
Track & Field